Solebay Primary’s behaviour approach aims to support staff and pupils to develop positive relationships which will lead to a secure learning environment for all.
Teaching and learning can only take place in an atmosphere of calm purposefulness.
The school’s approach to behaviour management aims to foster in pupils:
- Good learning behaviours e.g. listening, attention, participation, effort, positive attitude, co-operation
- Positive and pro-social values
- Self esteem and confidence
- A positive attitude about their abilities
- A sense of responsibility for their actions
- An understanding of cause and consequence.
There are school rules:
- We look after our school and the property
- We are kind and respectful at all times
Our rewards are weekly star pupils where pupils are demonstrating one of our school values or producing good work.
Half termly value nominations are also made. These are to recognise where someone has gone over and above the usual expectations
Code of Conduct
It is expected that teachers will discuss and reach agreements with pupils for good conduct and the maintenance of routines. An agreed code of conduct is displayed in each classroom.